Today was awesome for several reasons:
1. Although I'm still not sleeping for large amounts of time at a time, I got three naplets today, which means I'm not really sleepy at all. Yay!
2. Maggie, Michelle, Mel, and I went to Central Market today. *loves* I never get to go because the closest one right now is in Ft. Worth (well, technically, the closest is in Plano, but traffic usually makes the Ft. Worth one faster to get to). We went around noon for lunch, and then spent 2.5 more hours shopping. Michelle had never been before, and I think part of her brain exploded a little bit when she saw the sheer immensity of the cheese selection. A glorious time was had by all.
3. Smallville didn't suck. That was a pleasant surprise.
4. The Office premiere ruled. I love this show so much.
5. A resident celebrating his birthday gave me cake when I got to the desk tonight. Happy birthday to him.
6. My hair looks cute.
7. The residents gathered in the lobby playing one of those warlike video games, which often inspire loud shouting and general unruliness, were so quiet. I like it when I don't have to remind them to be quiet. I like it when I get to compliment them on their behavior, because I understand how hard it can be to be quiet when you're playing a game that is exciting to you. I like being able to reward positive behavior rather than constantly having to resort to the please-try-to-be-quiet-hey-guys-getting-a-little-loud-again-stop-yelling-just-stop-yelling-seriously-ok-shut-the-hell-up-or-go-to-your-rooms approach that I had to take almost every night last spring. I like it when they make it easy to be their friend instead of the mean bitch at the desk.
8. Adam stopped by to have coffee and chat. We get along really well when he's not antagonizing me.
9. My department chair from my teaching school offered me the opportunity to work half a Saturday to make some extra money (thus, giving up my very necessary, lazy Saturday morning ritual), and I was able to say, "No, thank you," because I don't really need the extra money.
10. Did I mention that there was cake? Yay cake!
So, good day! And good TV week. I still haven't watched Bionic Woman or Pushing Daisies, but I hope to do that tomorrow night. At the request of Michelle, I am going to add Life to our TV repetoire next week. That will bring the number of shows that I'm interested in watching up to ten, which I suppose means that while I may be watching Life, I may not actually have a life.